Header choice?

Old 09-11-2009, 07:27 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Real nice! About calf high? I bet few people walk by your truck at a slow pace!!! Might get warm.
:lol: Dave
Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to whore the thread with my junk.

But yeah, if you can't find a header you like, make your own. Just takes time and patience. Most of us have more of both of those then cash.

If you have more cash than time/patience, buy Lemons! LOL
Old 09-11-2009, 07:48 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chrisr
Hey onebadGMC, That is going to be one of my next projects due to clearance issues with mine running under the car now. Since you have experience you should come do mine for the fun of it. :lol: :lol:
I'd be happy to. 1k in labor plus travel expenses. Still interested?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I bend tubes for a living and have access to top knotch cnc equipment, that's why it kills me to see what headers cost. We throw away so much Stainless scrap it is ridiculous. ...I could build a set of headers and make very few weld joints doing it...and save the program and make more later in little time....trouble is They won't let me put my car in the middle of the shop and work on it on company time with company equipment.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:52 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Well, that's mighty narrow minded of them if you ask me.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:46 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
Well, that's mighty narrow minded of them if you ask me.
Typical management.
Dave
Old 09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

We also have a CMM Probe. I can take any tube such as a tail pipe and measure it and get XYZ data from it to program it into the bender. Would be pretty easy to measure a header tube that was cut and welded together and get a program to make it one piece...the only limitation to that would be the straight lengths between the bends.If they are too short you can't clamp the tube to bend it and it must be cut and weld or compound bend tools made.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Hey guys,

just spent 1600+ with all the little frills for the Lemons headers I purchased for my 70 chevelle.

Headers are really simple to build, the reason for my purchase was finding the time. I have been super busy trying to keep the business busy. Time is money, not all the time.

I will say the headers are quite nice, but for that kind of money I was kind of hoping they would come with the lemon calander girl, you know the type I am speaking of; they have long hair and legs, might be dressed in a pair of socks & be able to dance on a pole and most of all. they really do not require the ability to speak. In situations like this less could be more........

For the record, all I received was a nice flange & tube job.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

1600 for a hat,cool shirt,some stickers and you get the headers free.they are real nice headers,way better than you can buy from a catalog.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 AM
fbodyjunkie
JOURNEYMAN

Darn it! For just $100 more I could have got the hat option too? But seriously for what I had to sell to buy these I couldn't be happier with the fit and function. On a different note, when I first got them there was a foul up and I got some of someone else's parts and they got mine. Lemon's paid to send everything back and send me all the right parts and a free set of copper header gaskets for my setup. If you can't build your own and can afford to spend the money they make a fantastic product. I just wasn't setup or had the know how to build my own when I bought mine. Would have love to have saved that money for other things as it took me months to save more money for the motor. But you got to start some where.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -