Brad Penn racing oil has anyone ran it??

Old 03-22-2009, 02:19 PM
alexu
APPRENTICE

I contacted Shell RD about the crap going around that the Rotella oil manufactured with non zinc and other additives being left out is BS.
Every body is OK using this oul.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:56 PM
alexu
APPRENTICE

I contacted Shell RD about the crap going around that the Rotella oil manufactured with non zinc and other additives being left out is BS.
Every body is OK using this oil
Old 03-22-2009, 04:20 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by alexu
It has never been a non zinc oil where did you come with that info. When we ran 18/40 oil it use to be 1400 PPM of zinc and last I checked it was down to 950 and it was to be used with the new emmission engines.

It has been reformulated.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

i found a case of brad penn this past weekend, the container said brad penn partial synthetic racing oil, is this the same as brad penn performance oil? or a different chemical composition?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:13 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by itsabird
i found a case of brad penn this past weekend, the container said brad penn partial synthetic racing oil, is this the same as brad penn performance oil? or a different chemical composition?
Its the same. I got a case in saturday and it says the same thing.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:14 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hink
It has never been a non zinc oil where did you come with that info. When we ran 18/40 oil it use to be 1400 PPM of zinc and last I checked it was down to 950 and it was to be used with the new emmission engines.

Hink what oil are you talking about?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:08 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by hink

Hink what oil are you talking about?
Rottella-T
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by itsabird
Its the same. I got a case in saturday and it says the same thing.
thank's alot.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:04 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

my motor builder c&s in butler,wi(next door to milwaukee) said everyone is switching over to brad penn for the nitrous and blower applications where oil contamination is a concern cause the oil stays slippery...last year i ran it for first time with a few nitrous runs and i say yep i agree!

also i heard the old rotella has reduced the zinc and phosporus content
Old 04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

i was changing oil for sewell ford for some time and had quite a few customers come in tht heard the same thing about rotella and didnt wanrt even a drop in their motor haha but jw does Mobil 1 deisleoil have zinc and phosphorus in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -