water pump question

Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
The backorder from Jegs is not CSR's fault. Jegs and Summit wait until they have an order for x $ before they place their orders. Almost any manufacture is gonna be higher than a dealer. That way they aren't competing with all their dealers and under selling them.
Water necks leak on all of them. Use some pipe dope and tighten it pretty good and problem solved.

I dont think some pipe dope will fix the filler necks, they leak at the angle where the neck meets the base. bad epoxy was used on the insides, not my words CSR's words. There is no thread to put pipe dope on not sure if your fimilar with them or not ???
Typically filler necks dont leak, atleast not any I have purchased until this one. Not being a jerk but come on, how can I or anyone else support a company that tells customers they know they put bad epoxy in a filler neck and they wont hold up to heat and not even let ya pay them to fix it ?? Or want to get ya for 50 bucks more then jegs does for a replacement motor?
ops: I was doing three things at once when I posted my reply. For some reason I was stuck on the water pump and was thinking about the bottom radiator fitting when I said that. They all leak and that's all I had on my mind. ops: I know what you mean about feeling burnt on a product or by product support. I've never had any issues with CSR and they are the most popular electric pump that I see being used.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:24 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
The backorder from Jegs is not CSR's fault. Jegs and Summit wait until they have an order for x $ before they place their orders. Almost any manufacture is gonna be higher than a dealer. That way they aren't competing with all their dealers and under selling them.
Water necks leak on all of them. Use some pipe dope and tighten it pretty good and problem solved.

I dont think some pipe dope will fix the filler necks, they leak at the angle where the neck meets the base. bad epoxy was used on the insides, not my words CSR's words. There is no thread to put pipe dope on not sure if your fimilar with them or not ???
Typically filler necks dont leak, atleast not any I have purchased until this one. Not being a jerk but come on, how can I or anyone else support a company that tells customers they know they put bad epoxy in a filler neck and they wont hold up to heat and not even let ya pay them to fix it ?? Or want to get ya for 50 bucks more then jegs does for a replacement motor?
ops: I was doing three things at once when I posted my reply. For some reason I was stuck on the water pump and was thinking about the bottom radiator fitting when I said that. They all leak and that's all I had on my mind. ops: I know what you mean about feeling burnt on a product or by product support. I've never had any issues with CSR and they are the most popular electric pump that I see being used.

I agree it was a shock to me, I've used there product only for 10 yrs, and flat shocked the way they tried to handle the filler neck. I was fully ready to ship it and pay for them to fix it, didnt want it done for free.

Here is the Pro Comp, they look just like a Meziere to me. I did a lot of research and found many happy people with them. It was worth a shot for around $115.00 to my door.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:18 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Truth be known they probably both get their motors from the same place.
That looks just like my CSR. Well at least I know I have other options when mine quits and cheaper too.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Truth be known they probably both get their motors from the same place.
That looks just like my CSR. Well at least I know I have other options when mine quits and cheaper too.
It actually looks just like a Meziere to tell ya the truth, both say 35gpm also.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
hardhat41
SHOW GUEST

hay guys can i use vortec heads on a 355 smallblock with 11cc domes pistons
Old 01-18-2011, 07:19 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

i use a pro comp too and my vega run all day and stay around 190 to 200 deg.......... :wink:
Old 01-18-2011, 08:29 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hardhat41
hay guys can i use vortec heads on a 355 smallblock with 11cc domes pistons
where the heck did that come from talking about water pumps and bam a ? on heads :roll:
Old 01-18-2011, 08:41 PM
alteredpilot55
SHOW GUEST

This just in to the news desk, UPI is reporting a thread hijacking, at 9:24 central standard time, on the Rancing Junk website forum. No further details, are available at this time.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:54 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by alteredpilot55
This just in to the news desk, UPI is reporting a thread hijacking, at 9:24 central standard time, on the Rancing Junk website forum. No further details, are available at this time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: