CALLIES COMPSTAR SBC CRANK$

Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

They get around the law because its there option to sell at W.D. most of the companies require a large buy in and a minimum yearly purchase. Dart for example is $50,000.00 per year in purchases to maintain W.D. Brodix is now $25,000.00 to maintain Master W.D.
I have been a Dart W.D. since 1979 so It would be a foolish for me to risk being moved to the jobber level just to make a few more sales.
We do sell all our product lines at Jobber which is a good distance below mail order with the exception of Compstar.What you think is a hooked up deal is probably jobber or if mail order more than that
Next time you need a high dollar part give us,Ed or any one of the other builders who are W.D. a call and compare prices,you may be surprised.Bill
Old 02-09-2008, 06:54 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by billhendren
They get around the law because its there option to sell at W.D. most of the companies require a large buy in and a minimum yearly purchase. Dart for example is $50,000.00 per year in purchases to maintain W.D. Brodix is now $25,000.00 to maintain Master W.D.
I have been a Dart W.D. since 1979 so It would be a foolish for me to risk being moved to the jobber level just to make a few more sales.
We do sell all our product lines at Jobber which is a good distance below mail order with the exception of Compstar.What you think is a hooked up deal is probably jobber or if mail order more than that
Next time you need a high dollar part give us,Ed or any one of the other builders who are W.D. a call and compare prices,you may be surprised.Bill
Bill where you have been WD since 1979 you are not required to do 50,000.00 a year with Dart is that correct as you are grand fathered
Old 02-09-2008, 08:45 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

I would like to think so because I was one of there first but with all the belt tightening not so.This $50,000.00 thing came about two years ago,got a letter from them telling me to maintain $50,000.00 or I would be changed to jobber at the end of the year. at the same time they cut out all the accounts that only bought one or two blocks a year and notified the mail order houses they couldn't sell below jobber.as far as I can tell they all complied,the ones I have checked are usually J + 100.00/150.00 Bill
Old 02-10-2008, 07:42 AM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: CALLIES COMPSTAR SBC CRANK$

Originally Posted by et7333
Who has the best price on Callies compstar 3.750 4340 sbc crank?

Buy the Eagle crank, compstar are 3 to 4 pounds heavier than a standard weight eagle crankshaft
www.cnc-motorsports.com
Old 02-10-2008, 01:50 PM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Buy the Eagle crank, compstar are 3 to 4 pounds heavier than a standard weight eagle crankshaft
www.cnc-motorsports.com[/quote][/quote] Thanks, but I will not use Eagle products in any of my engines!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:41 PM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

www.cnc-motorsports.com
[/quote] Thanks, but I will not use Eagle products in any of my engines![/quote]

Eagle is one of the best cranks on the market right now for the money.
We hear of engine faliurs due to a ton of so called engine builders you think they know what they are doing but don't.
We have been doing testing in our shop with local racers for the pas 2 years with different engine combos. We have had a 100% sucess rate.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,AS I SAID BEFORE I will NEVER USE eagle in anything!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:21 PM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default eagle cranks

I'm with you, et. We 've seen new Eagle forged cranks with the sizes bad enough they had to be re-ground to 010/010. And the SBC I-beam rods with the distorted parting line problem (which has been on going for over two years) is a very well-known issue. Compstar is the best of the imports, Scat is good, and Eagle is JUNK.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 PM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: eagle cranks

Originally Posted by bubbabbc
I'm with you, et. We 've seen new Eagle forged cranks with the sizes bad enough they had to be re-ground to 010/010. And the SBC I-beam rods with the distorted parting line problem (which has been on going for over two years) is a very well-known issue. Compstar is the best of the imports, Scat is good, and Eagle is JUNK.
I totally agree!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by cncmotorsports
www.cnc-motorsports.com
Thanks, but I will not use Eagle products in any of my engines![/quote]

Eagle is one of the best cranks on the market right now for the money.
We hear of engine faliurs due to a ton of so called engine builders you think they know what they are doing but don't.
We have been doing testing in our shop with local racers for the pas 2 years with different engine combos. We have had a 100% sucess rate.[/quote]

You must be going with price and not quality as we have seen to much taper in the journals and there sizing is not consistant from journal to journal.

And you should put an Eagle crank in a set of V-blocks and check it for straightness or journal run out and then check an Compstar crank as there is no comparison.

But am sure your on the deep deal on the Eagle cranks and your going buy the cost not quality.

Comstars nitride is a deep nitride compared to the production flash nitride that Eagle uses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -