Brad Penn racing oil has anyone ran it??

Old 04-25-2009, 05:26 AM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Brad Penn

Several well-known high end oil system and camshaft manufacturers (grinders) highly recommend Brad Penn, especially for nitrous, blower, and alcohol applications. A good indication of a characteristic desired for racing oil is its ability to adhere to rotating parts while providing an excellent layer of lubrication. If you doubt the quality and advantages of this oil, do yourself a favor and talk to users of Brad Penn oil.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by txhunter69
i was changing oil for sewell ford for some time and had quite a few customers come in tht heard the same thing about rotella and didnt wanrt even a drop in their motor haha but jw does Mobil 1 deisleoil have zinc and phosphorus in it
Yes they have some but they have had to lower the amount of Zinc and phosphorus because it clogs catalytic converters. I won't recommend Brad Penn oil for a street/dragcar. Brad Penn works best in a engine with alcohol or nitros, since the oil doesn't mix easily with fuel.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:15 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

well i ran the mobil 1 diesle oil in my truck for a while cause it was free but then a switched to 5w30 wight with lucas industrial additive for the extra weight
Old 04-26-2009, 07:36 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

After switching to Brad Penn oil in my motor I will not use anything else. I swear buy it. It's not an alchohol motor just sunoco race fuel
Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

a lot of people at the track that run 10s or faster use brad penn,like i said it keeps its slipperyness when contaminated...................................... .....any nitrous or blower guys listening in here!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
mopar1962
JUNIOR BUILDER

Ive always used the valvoline vr-1,milks up fast but remains slippery, regardless,your still getting alcohol into the engine whatever brand oil your using,proper maintnance is key.I will give penn a try tho..
Old 07-29-2009, 03:32 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Didn't read the whole thread.... BUT...

Current Brad Penn is the old Kendell. Kendell was the bomb until they removed all of the good zinc and other additives from it.

Once they removed them, Kendell became garbage.

Brad Penn and Valvoline VR-1 are of about the same quality, with the Valvoline milking a little more with an improper alky tune.

I buy the Valvoline when I can't find BP.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:49 PM
mopar1962
JUNIOR BUILDER

If your milkin the oil using either brand your still going to have to change it at the same interval or run a hi oil, alcohol level in your engine,I mean its like an overfill condition,which isnt good....
Old 07-29-2009, 06:11 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

most of the serious guys here run roller cams.we dont care as much(key words being "as much") about the zinc and phosporous content as the slipperyness properties when oil is used in a blown or nitrous environment. i understand that u know this already,just some might not
Old 07-29-2009, 06:50 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

You should care. That slipperyness saves your rod/main bearings, lifter bores, push rod ends, etc etc. It does a little more than just protect your cam lobes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -